Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day


Happy Memorial Day! My weekend began yesterday with a cookout surrounded by my family in honor of my mothers birthday! My grandfather and his brothers all fought in World War II, defending our freedom. At this same time millions of men and women are overseas doing that very same, ensuring the freedoms that we Americans take for granted each and everyday. My father is currently still overseas in Morocco but regardless still on my mind today. I am so very proud of my father, a solider, a defender of freedom. After he came back from Iraq one year ago, he explained how he aided soldiers wounded during battle. Knowing that my father was able to be there to be able to save the lives of others makes me eternally grateful.
I would like to share a poem I found:
True Heroes Never Die
Everyday leads to another
Each one different from the other
Sometimes life don't seem fair
It's a game of do or dare
But true heroes never die
They just leave before good-bye
Hi Ho Silver away
We'll meet again someday
Legends live on and on
You were the unknown phenomenon
It's funny how time slipped by
Like the blink from a teary eye
I see your face in the full moon
Sometimes your voice fills the room
You are my true hero
Your light forever glows
God Bless all of our armed forces today! Thank you for all that you do!
xoxo
Kristan

No comments:

Post a Comment