Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome everyone to the blog of Miss Thousand Islands 2009. I know it's a little late to start a blog but "better late than never". I am currently getting prepared to compete in the Miss New York State Pageant next month. I am very excited for this wonderful opportunity to represent my area as well as my platform "The Pink Pledge". http://www.thepinkpledge.com/

It has been a struggle for the past three years to get back to Miss New York and be able to compete for the title. But nonetheless it has been a very interesting journey. I have learned more about myself in this time and what I am capable of. I am not the same person I was several years ago let alone six months ago. This path my life has taken me may not have been an easy one but it was worth it.

This past weekend I graduated from Buffalo State College with a bachelors degree in Fashion Textile Technology. It was amazing to see how my four years of hard work and dedication had boiled down into this one moment. What made it even more special though was being able to graduate with my best friend, Samantha. Samantha and I have been best friends since freshman year in high school. She went to Buffalo State first then I visited and loved it! I felt a tremendous amount of pride hugging her after the ceremony, knowing if we could do this we could do anything!




Samantha and me at Buffalo State

Today being May 20th, is my wonderful mothers birthday! I am currently making her favorite meal "Chicken Alaska". I am not a cook whatsoever but a friend gave me the recipe which I followed intently and I think the meal came out pretty good. We will have to see what mom says. I don't think we ever take the time to tell our loved ones how much we love them everyday. My mother is such an amazing woman, whom I hope to be like someday. She came all the way to Buffalo with me and was my only family member to sit and watch me graduate. It made me so happy just to have her there and share in this special day with me. I admire my mother for all the strength and perseverance she instilled in me. I love you mom, Happy Birthday!

XOXO,

Kristan

No comments:

Post a Comment