Sunday, June 7, 2009

I have often believed in this saying "It can't be that difficult". No matter what the case is- whether it's searching for the perfect pair of shoes or trying to solve a problem in your love life. It can't be that difficult. Things have a way of working themselves out. Sometimes you just need to sit back, relax and breathe.

This past weekend I had a Children's Miracle Network event at my mother's bridal store, A Touch of Grace in Watertown. I sold paper crowns for $1 donation and each person was entered in to win a $100 gift certificate. Also 10% of all sales were donated to CMN/ Miss America.
(-You can still purchase a crown at A Touch of Grace and enter in to win the certificate. The drawing will be held at the end of this month. Good Luck!!)

When I awoke Saturday morning, to my father's freshly made pancakes (yes he's finally home from Morocco) , I saw that the weather looked a little grim. But you know me- I'm an optimist and even crazy weather can't stop me! It was cloudy and windy when I went to put balloons outside. As I was outside trying to tie balloons around the columns, the wind caused the balloon strings to get tangled in my crown!Thank goodness my mom was there to help let me loose. Then while I was setting up inside there were cars pulling in..yah for early birds!! A steady stream of people came through the doors all day long in search of sales while giving to a great cause. Several of my directors stopped by to show their support- Sue Pilon and Audrey Olin, as well as Miss Thousand Islands Teen- Chelsea Mejias. Around 2pm Johnny Spezzano from The Border106.7 came to do a live radio feed. Anyone who knows Johnny knows that he is very passionate about Children's Miracle Network, so I was thrilled to have him there! Thanks everyone for all of your support and a special thank you to Johnny. The delicious drink from the Brew-Haha really kept me energized!

God Bless!!

xoxo,

Kristan

No comments:

Post a Comment