Monday, June 29, 2009




Time flies by when you're having fun!! I have had one of the best times of my life in Albany this past week. I got to know 20 of the smartest, prettiest and most talented women in all of New York State. I have made life long friendships while vying for the title of Miss New York.





















I am a firm believer in fate and that what's meant to be is meant to be. I was meant to be Miss Thousand Islands and compete in Albany. I know I changed someones life while I was there. At a fashion show we modelled in on Saturday a woman sought me out and told me how desperately clothing was needed for surviors. "Helen" was a breast cancer survivor having had a double mastectomy. Meeting this woman in Albany was no coincidence. I know I was meant tomeet her and talk with her about my platform. What makes it even more exciting is that the very same day that I met her, I recieved an email from Ursula of Switzerland requesting 500 Pink Pledge Hang Tag. These tags will be put on survivor friendy clothing and sent throughout the country to inform more people about clothing for survivors.



I may not have won Miss New York or even come in top ten but I learned more about myself than I ever imagined. This organization has helped me grow- spiritually, physically and emotionally. I am able to push myself past my limits and jump into new situations with open arms. Meeting new people and going to different places truly inspires me to make a change in this world. I know I can..I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment